The AAT Online Services portal enables you to lodge applications and documents online in Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) matters and view online the documents you have lodged. By registering to use or using the AAT Online Services portal you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Registered user account
- You are an applicant, respondent, other party, representative or a person lodging documents in response to a summons, in an AAT matter.
- As a registered user, you can use the AAT Online Services portal to lodge applications online with the AAT, send us documents online in an AAT matter (including summons documents and section 37 documents), and view what you have uploaded to the portal via an online dashboard. The portal is not the AAT’s formal record, or a complete record of all documents held by the AAT in a particular matter. You can only view the applications and documents that you have lodged through your portal account. The AAT will not contact you or communicate with you through the portal.
- To access the AAT Online Services portal, you will need your username, password and the unique secure code that the AAT sends to you by email or SMS each time you wish to log in.
Users assume the risk of using the portal. As a user, you are responsible for:
- your use of the AAT Online Services portal including any documents uploaded
- all activities and actions that occur under your account
- ensuring your personal details (such as name, email address and phone number) are correct and up to date, and
- maintaining confidentiality and security of your username, password and security code, and maintaining control over access to your AAT Online Services portal account.
- You must not knowingly transmit, send or upload data or material that contains viruses or malicious programs, or files or codes designed to harm or interfere with functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware.
- You must notify us immediately of any (or any suspected) breach or compromise of your account or password.
- The AAT does not guarantee that the AAT Online Services portal will always be available or available at any particular time. You acknowledge that there will be occasions when all or part of the portal service may be interrupted or unavailable, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, or emergency repairs.
- The AAT may close a portal account for any reason. If we close your account, we will send you an email to inform you. The email will be sent to the last known email address that you provided to us for your AAT Online Services portal account.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- The AAT (and its employees, officers, members and agents) will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense that results from or arises in connection with your use of, or inability to use or access, the AAT Online Services portal, or someone else using your account or password.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia, and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- The AAT may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by varying them on this website. By continuing to use the AAT Online Services portal, you accept the terms and conditions as varied.
We collect personal information from you to:
- identify the AAT case to which the documents relate;
- send you a secure code to complete an authentication process;
- send you a confirmation email that we have received the documents; and
- contact you about the documents if necessary.
We may use the information to analyse and improve how our online services are used. We also record your IP address for the purpose of logging and monitoring, and may analyse that data to improve our services.